School Reports and Statistics
- Bennett Venture Academy (K-8)
- The Maritime Academy of Toledo (5-12)
- Star Academy of Toledo (K-12)
- Winterfield Venture Academy (K-8)
- Blessed Sacrament (K-8)
- Central Catholic High School
- Christ The King School
- Emmanuel Christian School (K-12)
- Kateri Catholic Academy and Cardinal Stritch High School
- Lial Catholic School, Whitehouse (PreK-8)
- Maumee Valley Country Day School
- Notre Dame Academy and Junior Academy (girls only; 7-12)
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School (PreK-8)
- Regina Coeli (K-8)
- St. Benedict Catholic School (PreK-8)
- St. Francis de Sales (boys grades 9-12)
- St. John’s Jesuit High School and Academy (boys only; 6-12)
- St. Pius School (K-8)
- St. Ursula Academy (girls only; 6-12)
- Sylvania Franciscan of Lourdes University (PreK-8)
- Toledo Christian Schools (K-12)
- Toledo Jr. Academy (K-8)
- Toledo School for the Arts (6-12)
- Trinity Lutheran School (PreK-8)
- West Side Montessori (ages 13 months to 14 years)
- Zion Lutheran School (K-8)
How do you know which neighborhood is right for you? As a real estate professional that lives in the Toledo area, I am an expert and I have an intimate knowledge of the Toledo area. I need to know what is important to you. Would you prefer to live in a rural, suburban, or urban setting? How much of a commute to work is acceptable to you? Do you like being in the middle of all the action or would you rather be in a quiet neighborhood? Don’t forget to read my article on “Making the Most of a House Hunting Trip.”
The City of Toledo proper is the fourth largest city in Ohio and is home to approximately 500,000 people inclusive of suburbs. Toledo has access to major roadways including the Ohio Turnpike and Interstate 75. The area features a wide range of entertainment, activities and recreation. Situated on the Maumee River and near Lake Erie, Toledo residents and visitors can take part in activities on the water including sailing, boating, fishing, ice fishing, and other water sports. The Sandpiper 100 passenger cruise vessel is an affordable site-seeing water tour. Eleven Metroparks in the Toledo area offer picnic areas, playfields, trails for hiking and cross country skiing, bike riding and enjoying nature. Nature lovers can also enjoy the Toledo Botanical Garden. There are several local fitness opportunities including health clubs, eleven YMCA facilities, swimming pools and the many golf courses in the area.
For the sports enthusiast, Downtown Toledo features the Toledo Mudhens at Fifth Third Field and the Toledo Walleye hockey team at the Huntington Center. There is the Toledo Speedway for ARCA racing fans and Raceway Park for live horse races.
Toledo is home to one of the world’s most complete zoos – The Toledo Zoo – as well as The Toledo Museum of Art and its world-renowned Glass Pavilion. People of all ages love the hands-on science center – The Imagination Station. Other museums of interest include the Col. James M. Schoonmaker Museum Ship on the river, Toledo Fire Fighters Museum, Toledo Police Museum, and two that help you discover frontier Ohio and pioneering life: Wolcott House Museum Complex and Fort Meigs Museum and Visitor Center.
Prefer the theater? Enjoy events held at the Valentine Theater, Collingwood Arts Center, Village Players Theater, Toledo Symphony, Ballet Company, Repertoire Theater, and the Stranahan Theater. Ritter Planetarium is a 40 foot domed auditorium featuring a guided tour of the sky.
You can shop until you drop at some of the area’s markets and malls – Westfield Franklin Park Mall, Levis Commons outdoor mall, the Shops at Fallen Timbers and the seasonal Toledo Farmers Market. Farmers Markets are located downtown, Westgate, Ottawa Hills, Perrysburg, and Whitehouse throughout spring and summer.
The University of Toledo Medical Center is ranked in the top 100 in the nation for medical colleges and the area features many hospitals and health centers to choose from.
AREA HOSPITALS & THEIR LOCATIONS
- Bay Park Community Hospital 43616
- Flower Hospital 43560
- Mercy Children’s Hospital 43608
- Mercy St. Anne Hospital 43623
- Mercy St. Charles Hospital 43616
- Mercy St Vincent Medical Center 43608
- St. Luke’s Hospital 43537
- Toledo Children’s Hospital 43606
- Toledo Hospital 43606
There is excellent care for your pets too with many veterinarian offices and boarding/kennel locations. Many affordable, quality choices for all your child care needs can also be found as well as several places of worship to choose from, if you so desire.
What’s going on in the Toledo area today? Check out the local newspapers and television stations for local news, weather and entertainment.
- Holland-Springfield Journal
- Perrysburg Messenger Journal
- Point & Shoreland Journal
- The Mirror Newspaper (Maumee)
- Rossford Record Journal
- Toledo Blade
- Toledo Area Parent
- Toledo City Paper
- Toledo Journal
- Toledo Legal News